Search

1 to 9 of 9
Sort by

Blog Entry
Vietnam, the Gulf War, Iraq and the DoD 5015.2 Standard

An industry colleague recently asked me if I would be willing to participate in a panel discussion on the continued use of the DoD 5015.2 Standard

Don Lueders, CRM, CDIA's profile image

Blog Entry
On Why I No Longer Support the DoD 5015.2 Standard

Very few people outside of the Department of Defense have more firsthand experience with the DoD 5015.2 Electronic Records Management Software Applications Design Criteria Standard than I do

Don Lueders, CRM, CDIA's profile image

Blog Entry
Are Certifications Important When Selecting a Records Management System?

When selecting a records management system, there are two important certifications to consider: DoD 5015.2 and VERS. What is DoD 5015.2? Many organizations use DoD 5015.2-STD Electronic Records Management Software Applications Design Criteria Standard from the U.S

Meghann Wooster's profile image

Blog Entry
To Support or Not Support the DoD 5015.2 Standard (Some pet peeves and views on the debate from a RIM practitioner’s perspective)

I love both Don Lueders’ detailed post on this subject, On Why I No Longer Support the DoD 5015.2 Standard , and Mark Mandel’s rebuttal, I Support DoD 5015.2; and Encourage ALL Federal Agencies to Adopt It, as I believe that a full debate on standards for IT systems creating and housing Official Federal Records is really needed

Ronald Layel's profile image

Blog Entry
I Support DOD 5015.2; and Encourage ALL Federal Agencies to Adopt It

[Editor's Note:: Read Don Lueders' original post: On Why I No Longer Support the DoD 5015.2 Standard . You can also read another voice in the debate, Ron Layel: To Support or Not Support the DoD 5015.2 Standard (Some pet peeves and views on the debate from a RIM practioner's perspective) ] Don, your analysis is very detailed and on the mark. 5015.02-STD is in need of an update to reflect how RM is done these days

Mark Mandel's profile image

Blog Entry
Why I do this: Part 1

The DoD 5015.2 records management standard had just been issued and one of our customers wanted a document management solution, which would also comply with the brand new DoD 5015.2 standard

Russ Stalters's profile image