Special Interest Group: Women in Information Management (WIIM)

View Only
  • 1.  UPDATE: WIIM Purpose, Mission, Vision, and 2019 Goals

Posted 10-02-2018 16:41
    Hi all,

As promised in the last announcement, the WIIM-LC would like to share the updated purpose, vision, and mission for WIIM as well as a small set of goals for 2019.

• Purpose:  To inspire, connect, and advance women in information management.
    • Vision:  A robust, diverse, and inclusive information management field where all members have equal opportunity to thrive, contribute, and succeed.
    • Mission:  To engage and empower women in information management through advocacy, leadership, mentoring, and professional development.

We formed WIIM with a purpose and a vision for the future.  Our mission is our plan on how to realize the vision.

The current WIIM-LC has decided on a small set of goals for its inaugural year to provide impact and promote success for WIIM as an organization.  These goals include:

1.       WIIM webinars will continue with bi-monthly delivery.  WIIM members including the WIIM-LC will provide input for topics.

2.       WIIM-LC will conduct a membership survey to better determine the needs and wants of the membership which will drive future events and   programming.

3.       WIIM-LC will develop a series of WIIM-sponsored events to be conducted at the AIIM 2019 conference.

------------------------------
    Laura Downey and Jessica Marlette

• 2.  RE: UPDATE: WIIM Purpose, Mission, Vision, and 2019 Goals

Posted 10-04-2018 12:42
    Thanks for your work. Great approach.

Elisa Garcia-Morales
    Information and Records Management Consultant
    Inforarea, Madrid- Spain

• 3.  RE: UPDATE: WIIM Purpose, Mission, Vision, and 2019 Goals

Posted 10-05-2018 11:08
    Thank you for carrying this group and the mission forward.  I am looking forward to being a part of the development of this group and benefiting from this resource.

Lorelei Chernyshov
    Director of Information Governance
    Merrick Bank

• 4.  RE: UPDATE: WIIM Purpose, Mission, Vision, and 2019 Goals

Posted 10-31-2018 11:44
    Hello!

I want to offer Ricoh's Diversity Program services. I recently joined our Diversity Program Leadership Council and we can assist with Resume writing and mock interviews. Perhaps this can be something for AIIM2019? We can also team up to sponsor other community programs. 

Reach out to me for more information. 
    Julie
    julie.harvey@...

Julie Harvey, CIP, IGP
    Ricoh USA - Legal Services

• 5.  RE: UPDATE: WIIM Purpose, Mission, Vision, and 2019 Goals

Posted 11-02-2018 10:36
    Julie--this would be an interesting WIIM webinar--letting others know of possible services and of diversity programs.

Perhaps a panel? @Joanne Novak @Beth Vogel 

Let me know who would be interested in sharing their programs? Would be interested in helping others build their own or/and tap into the resources available.

Jessica Lombardo
    Director of Membership
    AIIM