Special Interest Group: Women in Information Management (WIIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Fun Virtual Activities for Remote Teams?

Posted 05-06-2020 12:17
    This lockdown is not easy, even for those of us that are introverts/ambiverts.  My amazing team is full of social butterflies.  I want to do some fun virtual activities with them, not work-related - something other than just a wine hour or virtual lunch.  I was thinking maybe karaoke or trivia.  Any other creative ideas?

------------------------------
    Jessica Marlette, CIP
    Information Governance Counsel
    White & Case LLP

• 2.  RE: Fun Virtual Activities for Remote Teams?

Posted 05-06-2020 12:55
    We have "Guess the celebrity baby Picture" challenge.  I post 2 pics a week and keep tack of who guesses correctly and will reward with a small gift once we return to the office.  The team seems to gravitate toward puzzles so we've also done some word finds (there are word find generators online) and mind games as well.

Maria Richardson
    Records Manager
    Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler

• 3.  RE: Fun Virtual Activities for Remote Teams?

Posted 05-07-2020 07:44
    In a prior position, our department was spread across the Globe.  We started lunchtime funtime, and played games like Taboo, Trivial Pursuit, etc,,,, over Skype.  It could be challenging, but definitely was a lot of fun!

Susan Gleason CIP, CRM, IGP
    Manager, Information Governance
    Shipman & Goodwin LLP

• 4.  RE: Fun Virtual Activities for Remote Teams?

Posted 05-07-2020 09:23
    @Jessica Marlette depends on how many in your group.  There are games that you can download like psych and then play on zoom or whatever your go to online meeting is.  We have played a game called jackbox.tv from nintendo but in order to broadcast it to everyone (online) you need special equipment  but everyone accesses it through their phone. 

I think game times are great and can really boost morale, even just a virtual happy hour or a virtual "campfire" and have everyone bring their own smore's while you chat. 

Good luck!​

Shoshanah Miller
    Sr. Account Manager
    Feith Systems

• 5.  RE: Fun Virtual Activities for Remote Teams?

Posted 05-07-2020 11:22

Check out this article:  The best virtual team building activities, according to full-time remote workers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mary Ann  Córdova

Information Manager and Technical Writer

Sandia National Laboratories

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• 6.  RE: Fun Virtual Activities for Remote Teams?

Posted 05-12-2020 16:27
    These are all great suggestions, and I'm excited to try some of these!  I also just discovered remote work Bingo (here is an example: https://bingobaker.com/view/2968297).

Jessica Marlette, CIP
    Information Governance Counsel
    White & Case LLP