Special Interest Group: Women in Information Management (WIIM)

View Only

AIIM 2019 and WIIM

• 1.  AIIM 2019 and WIIM

Posted 01-23-2019 14:32
    Hello WIIM members!  Hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday season.  For my fellow Federal government workers, hang in there!

I am really looking forward to AIIM 2019 in gorgeous San Diego as WIIM will be hosting multiple events including a panel presentation. Several members of the WIIM leadership council (WIIM-LC) are also presenting on a variety of information management topics.  For myself, I will share a case study on developing a strategic framework for intelligent information management.  Can't wait to get feedback and more ideas from WIIM/AIIM members.

If you are presenting at AIIM 2019, please share a quick note on your topic.  Let's all support each other!  Looking forward to meeting many of you at AIIM 2019.

Laura L. Downey, PhD, CIP
    Chair, WIIM-LC
    Chief, Applied Architecture
    TSA

• 2.  RE: AIIM 2019 and WIIM

Posted 01-24-2019 16:45
    Thanks so much for sharing this Laura! It's great to see so many leaders here taking to the stage at AIIM19! @Amy Harrelson @Jessica Marlette
    @Ann Gorr @Candace McCabe @Angela Watt Who else?? What story are you sharing at AIIM19? 

For those who haven't registered yet for AIIM19, remember that Early Bird Pricing (which saves you $200) ends after January 31st. Also be sure to use your member code to receive an additional $100 off; if you don't have it, feel free to email me!

Thanks to all of you who are sharing this year--your stories inspire us! Looking forward to celebrating you at the WIIM Happy Hour at AIIM19!

------------------------------
    Jessica Lombardo
    Director of Membership
    AIIM

• 3.  RE: AIIM 2019 and WIIM

Posted 01-25-2019 14:52
    Hi WIIM!

I am also really looking forward to AIIM 2019 and thank you Jess for tagging me in this.  Laura, I remember sitting by you last year at one of the keynotes when we had to make up a song on the spot.  You brought such JOY and really went all-in to participating!  That is somewhat myself, and @Emily Speight will be sharing at AIIM 2019 for our presentation.  We look forward to weaving a story of integrating people into the process and technology. We will discuss how to design a project that interconnects with the core of your business processes: the culture.  Please also consider this as an invitation to become radically self-expressive and participate!

See you soon!

Angela Watt, CIP
    Human Sparkler working in Municipal Government
    Information Management Advisor
    City of Spruce Grove
    Spruce Grove, AB CANADA

• 4.  RE: AIIM 2019 and WIIM

Posted 01-25-2019 17:55
    Ha!  I LOVED it that we made up that song and had such fun!  One of the most interesting conference sessions I've ever attended.  AIIM 2019 has some big shoes to fill on that one!

p.s.  What a title you have there in Human Sparkler!  I was in a session at another conference where we could self-define our roles..... one person said Chief Storyteller and another said Well-being Warrior..... maybe we need to incorporate this kind of exercise into a future WIIM session.  I was in a design session where we chose a superhero name and characteristic too.... I chose the Sensai Sensemaker...... :-)

Laura Downey
    Branch Chief, Applied Architecture
    TSA

• 5.  RE: AIIM 2019 and WIIM

Posted 01-28-2019 09:38
    Hello WIIM!

Looking forward to all of the great presentations and the warm weather in San Diego!  It is going to be a balmy high temperature of -7 degrees tomorrow here (yes, that will be the high temperature...a low around -26 degrees) so I am excited for the break from winter!

If you are looking for a presentation over the noon hour on Wednesday of the conference, I will be leading a session entitled "IIM Project Management and Self-Preservation: Why Successful Projects are Not About You".  The presentation will be focused on approaches to project management in the IIM world and will include some practical insight/a case study on the implementation of OneDrive in my organization.  

See you in San Diego, and hope to meet (or reconnect) with many of you there!

Carah Koch, CIP
    Director, Enterprise Content Management
    Metropolitan Council

• 6.  RE: AIIM 2019 and WIIM

Posted 01-28-2019 11:13

It's no coincidence that some of the sessions I'm looking forward to the most, happen to be WIIM Led! I'm really hoping I'm able to sneak away so I can listen. 

Don't forget, we will be hosting a WIIM Happy Hour on Wednesday, March 27th right before our AIIM Celebrates Conference Party!

Janna Issette
    Event Marketing Manager
    AIIM International

• 7.  RE: AIIM 2019 and WIIM

Posted 01-28-2019 16:54
    ​Hi WIIM,

I'm leading two roundtable sessions with some great takeaways: (1) How to Deliver a Message to the C-Suite, and (2) The Sky's the Limit! It's Time to Grow Your Career Tree.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in less than 2 months!

Jessica Marlette, CIP
    Senior Content Governance Lawyer
    White & Case LLP

• 8.  RE: AIIM 2019 and WIIM

Posted 01-28-2019 17:51
    Carah - love the topic and look forward to it. As an organization, we just rolled out Office 365 Enterprise wide; I work cross-functional teams and any ideas on how to improve use for collaboration purposes will be extremely valuable.  

I look forward to connecting / reconnecting with everyone too! See you all soon.

Julie Harvey
    Ricoh USA - Legal Services

• 9.  RE: AIIM 2019 and WIIM

Posted 01-29-2019 09:51

Hello WIIM!

Theses AIIM 2019 sessions are so thought-provoking. I can't wait to attend and learn from all your experiences.

I am sharing mine Wednesday afternoon: Top Tips to Help You Streamline Your Records Management Strategy. The workshop will be focused on incorporating process maps and written procedures into everyday RM processes. This is my first speaking engagement at a conference, but I can't think of a more supportive group to debut with.

Looking forward to connecting with everyone in beautiful San Diego!

Andrea Encina, CRA
    San Antonio, TX

• 10.  RE: AIIM 2019 and WIIM

Posted 01-29-2019 22:35
    Great to see so many from the community taking the stage at <g class="gr_ gr_84 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="84" data-gr-id="84">AIIM19</g><g class="gr_ gr_84 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="84" data-gr-id="84">,</g> and many for the first time.

Thanks for creating a space for women to rise up here at AIIM!

Jessica Lombardo
    Director of Membership
    AIIM

• 11.  RE: AIIM 2019 and WIIM

Posted 02-01-2019 23:16

Hi All - Happy February - Excited to be bringing another panel to AIIM 2019, I'll be moderating the below panel. I'm looking for 3 panelists who have background in personal brand that would help share tips, tricks and tried and true best practices/checklist to our attendees. Love to have end users in our community on this. If you are interested please send me at private note at heather.newman@.... Excited! One note, I'm headed to India (for the first time mid-next week) and will be back in country 2/15 - so I won't get back to you most likely until then. Excited to see you ALL at the conference.

Cheers, Heather

Wed March 27th from 2:55pm-3:40pm - Own your Story: how to take charge of your personal brand

The moment you put yourself out there online or in person, you are projecting your personal brand. A personal brand defines your career progression and reputation. Do you even think about your personal brand and the story it tells? Are you satisfied with the perception it creates? If you don't take ownership of your brand, it will emerge without you. Join moderator, Heather Newman as she walks you through an online brand and networking checklist that you can use to put your best foot forward.

Heather Newman
    CMO & Co-Founder
    Content Panda

• 12.  RE: AIIM 2019 and WIIM

Posted 02-21-2019 14:11
    Ladies! Would love to see this panel @Heather Newman is willing to facilitate fly! Peggy Winton is in as one of the panelists. This one is focused on how you've built your network and personal brand. If you've worked with Heather in the past--you know this experience will be fun and the cross-discussion would benefit so many at AIIM19--women AND men. 

Tagging some of you who I know will be there--any interest? Ideally looking for end users here for this AIIM19 panel. Who's in?

@Monica Crocker
    @Angela Watt
    @Candace McCabe
    @Angela Lunsford
    @Amy Harrelson
    @Jacqueline Winkler
    @jana gallatin
    @Joanna Hammerschmidt
    @Tammy Goss​​​​​​​​​​
    @Jessica Harman
    @Priscilla Emery

Jessica Lombardo
    Director of Membership
    AIIM

• 13.  RE: AIIM 2019 and WIIM

Posted 02-21-2019 14:34
    Sure, I would be happy to participate. BTW, I'm facilitating a Roundtable at 4:30 pm PDT on the Tuesday, on "New Adventures in Records Capture: Are You Ready?" I would love to have others join me and contribute to this discussion.

Priscilla Emery
    President & Founder
    e-Nterprise Advisors

• 14.  RE: AIIM 2019 and WIIM

Posted 02-22-2019 09:48

Wonderful. Thank you Priscilla, we'll add you to the mix. Would like one more if you please. Love to join your roundtable as well. I'm going to get a meeting together end of next week with panelists to discuss our gameplan.

Thanks Jess much appreciated.

Cheers
    Heather

Heather Newman

Microsoft MVP | Owner | Head Maven - Creative Maven Inc.

office/mobile:  +1-206-234-4337

Social: @heddanewman | LinkedIn

Schedule a Maven Meeting

• 15.  RE: AIIM 2019 and WIIM

Posted 02-26-2019 17:57

I look forward to all of these great sessions. I need some serious help with my personal brand! Therefore, I will not offer to be on the panel. See you all in San Diego.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 16.  RE: AIIM 2019 and WIIM

Posted 02-26-2019 20:36
    Julie you made me laugh out loud, all good. Hopefully the panel will give you some good forward motion. Still looking for one more person. I hope you all are having a terrific week. 

Cheers
    H.

Heather Newman
    CMO & Co-Founder
    Content Panda

• 17.  RE: AIIM 2019 and WIIM

Posted 02-27-2019 10:54

�� Laughter is good! Have a great rest of your week.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 18.  RE: AIIM 2019 and WIIM

Posted 02-27-2019 11:59
    I'm down for this.  Am I allowed to wear a clown nose while we talk?  Or a pickle costume.  Its probably not relevant what so ever.  But its who I am as a person.  Come to think of it, I might be an example of a warning . . .  . . .

Angela Watt, CIP, IGp
    City of Spruce Grove
    Spruce Grove, AB CANADA

• 19.  RE: AIIM 2019 and WIIM

Posted 02-27-2019 12:23
    Angela, you can wear whatever you like. I was a theater major and I am a burner so my closet is full of fun, maybe we can coordinate.

Glad to have you on board and with that we are closed and locked for this panel. Email coming to panelists for a meeting to chat shortly.

Thanks everyone and I look forward to a lively discussion with you. 

Cheers 
    Heather

Heather Newman
    CMO & Co-Founder
    Content Panda

• 20.  RE: AIIM 2019 and WIIM

Posted 02-27-2019 12:31
    Heather, you just mic dropped that.  From one burner and actor, to another . . . . . . .  radical self-expression makes my heart happy, and also helps define brand, yes?  Lets coordinate!  Looking forward to a fun participatory conversation!

Angela Watt, CIP, IGp
    City of Spruce Grove
    Spruce Grove, AB CANADA