Community Home

Latest Discussion Posts

• Well, I was lucky.  I am a RM Clerk for a municipality in Alberta and we have an email "group" of AB municipality records managers where if any one of us AB municipalities has a question, we send it out to the email group and ask questions like "what ...

• I am new to the Records Management world too and would like to get some ideas/best practices on revamping records retention schedules.  Thanks in advance to those who would share their ideas and experience. ------------------------------ Ellen Chuatoco ...

• Hi all,  Thanks for joining today's call. Unfortunately, massive connectivity issues at my end means I have literally no notes about what took place. The few words I heard between disconnections sounded interesting, but...yeah. Grr. If anyone DID happen ...

• Profile Picture

Chain of Custody

Hi everyone I am looking for an example of a chain of custody form for paper records.  If anyone can help me out, I would really appreciate it.  thanks ------------------------------ Linda Brooks, CIP Consultant LMB Consulting -------------------- ...

• I found in my former role, executive buy in depends on the project and the current environment for your organization. Buy in is about showing the project or program fills a need, whether its operational, legal, financial or risk avoidance. The more ...

Digital Landfill Blog

• It’s no secret that the continuing coronavirus pandemic has disrupted businesses everywhere, and the financial services industry is no exception. Indeed, the financial services industry is at a tipping point—either disrupt or get disrupted. Even before Covid-19, many areas within banking and capital markets were already experiencing serious existential threats. The industry is being transformed. What is the future...
  • Sometimes, change is natural. The caterpillar changing to a butterfly, the tadpole changing to a frog – these types of changes happen all the time in nature. Yet, change in business can feel anything but natural. And it’s not just at your place of business. According to McKinsey research, “nearly 70% of change programs fail to achieve their goals, largely due to employee resistance and lack of management support.”...
  • Change is hard, but not impossible. Understanding how change works, considering how people will react to change , and planning a thoughtful roll-out are all ways to ease the burden of change. It’s a practice called Change Management , and for organizational...

Most Active Members