Community Home

Latest Discussion Posts

• Since the onset of the Pandemic, remote work has allowed me to save money and use my time a more wisely.  Some examples are the savings in gas (and other types of transportation, like parking permits and train tickets), gym memberships, food and even ...

• Mark your calendar for Tuesday, July 21st at 11:00 a.m. EST.  This is a session you won't want to miss!  All AIIM members are welcome to attend.  Click here to register.  We hope to see you there!  #WIIM #diversityandinclusion ​​​ ------------------------------ ...

• Hi all,  I am very pleased to announce the launch of AIIM's newest training course, "Confident Change Management for Information Professionals". Developed by long-time change leader and 16-time Microsoft MVP Rob Bogue, this intensive, highly engaging ...

• As we begin to return to work, many companies and firms are asking that a short health questionnaire be filled out and submitted to the HR Department along with the names of anyone you have come in contact with throughout the day (for contact tracing). ...

• This week's topic was social media records management.  Guy Mason started us off by noting that there are a number of tools available include Pagefreezer and Smarsh. Archivesocial.com. I added that lots of the email management vendors have gotten into ...

2 people recommend this.

Digital Landfill Blog

• You’ve been told that your information management project needs governance. Maybe you’ve even formed a governance committee. However, what is governance, anyway? If you’ve been in organizations for a while, you’re likely indoctrinated into the theory of control; however, that’s not what governance is about. Still, you must have governance, or you’ll end up with chaos. How do you tame the mythical siren of governance...
  • The energy industry plays a crucial role in all our lives. Without it, we wouldn't be able to keep the lights on...or the wifi, or the computers...and so on, but what is it that powers this critical industry?
  • The international standard on records management, ISO 15489 defines migration as the: "Act of moving records from one system to another, while maintaining the records' authenticity, integrity, reliability, and usability." But, migration is much broader than just records. Essentially, any time a legacy system is decommissioned, it should be reviewed to determine: What information is stored there...

Most Active Members