Community Home

Latest Discussion Posts

• ​Thank you for the responses everyone.  While I feel that having executive support and "backing" is certainly the way to go, it has been my experience that if the executive feel passionate about the responsibility of the Information Managment and Information ...

• depends on if you are multi-national or not. Cloud or on-prem (archive and enterprise content) doesn't really matter to the RM as long as you know where your content is and you are staying compliant. The most difficult problem to overcome is the same ...

• For the first time in my career, I am reporting to General Counsel / Legal Affairs and I am finding this to be a great structure. When Legal speaks, people listen. I have the added pleasure of working directly with my Risk colleague who is another pillar ...

• I agree with Susan Gleasman.  It is all about executive support.  I am fortunate to take RM to InfoGov also and have it be a passion project of (retired) general counsel but stays on as an advisor to the company.  It is not just a line item or a checkbox.  ...

• Prior to 2013, there was no RM component in our office at all.  There was a RM bylaw and retention schedule and each department's admin assistants were responsible for boxing up records and eventually pulling them according to the bylaw, however, there ...

Digital Landfill Blog

• In today's digital era of information technology, a company needs to consider several factors to decide how to manage their data and documents online. A large share of companies have now adopted cloud-based infrastructure, but many still rely on the tried-and-true legacy of on-premises document management software programs. If you, too, are in a dilemma as to which solution is right for your business, stick around...
  • I recently watched a webinar by Jason Baron called "Vanishing Acts: The Challenge of Dealing with Ephemeral and Self-Destructing Messaging Apps in the Workplace." Jason's a really smart guy and has written about ephemeral messaging in business before. While I agree with him generally, I think information...
  • Reaching your Digital Transformation goals often requires the addition of new software solutions. But, shopping around for software can be a challenge.

Latest Shared Files

Most Active Members