Records Managers

View Only

Latest Discussion Posts

• I would agree Earl. What we struggle with here is trying to help the IT department understand that any digital asset may be a record and we can't just willy nilly destroy the information because its easier from an IT perspective. I have described ephemeral ...

• Hi Earl, Just because something was recorded, doesn't mean it had any value. That's why many Inboxes have auto deletion turned on. Majority of emails are low value to the organization. The rare email that may really be important can be placed somewhere ...

• I want to thank everyone for the comments, and while I can appreciate them, I do hope that more will weigh in. My concerns are two-fold:    - first, the suggestion that we bend the RRS to meet the technology is a real big concern--going beyond ephemeral ...

• While I certainly see legitimacy in the concerns raised from an IG perspective, it occurs to me that 'ephemeral messaging' is not much different than simple 'conversing'. In other words, if I talk casually to someone in the hallway, I don't expect my ...

• Good points all, Randy.  Regards, ------------------------------ Jesse Wilkins, CIP, CIPP/US, CRM, IGP, edp, CIGO Athro Consulting jesse.wilkins@athroconsulting.com Denver, CO ------------------------------

Digital Landfill Blog

Most Active Members