Special Interest Group: Office 365 / SharePoint

Latest Discussion Posts

• Thank you Robert and Lorne - all great feedback. I've not worked with Power Automate but will check it out (soon).  Overall, you both have helped me to confirm that is no 'one way' as usual and that it is up to me to tell this group how (and who) will ...

• Julie - I'd agree with Lorne about using PowerAutomate to help with the management of controlled documents.  I've got a White Paper on controlled documents in SharePoint that you can get from https://www.thorprojects.com/connect/gifts/white-papers/managing-controlled-documents-in-sharepoint/ ...

• Hi Julie, Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly with your unstated comment about the lack of a strategy. Anyhow, Teams itself introduces nothing new per se in terms of what and how files are managed in the attached SharePoint site collection ...

• Hi Lorne, Thank you for your input. I agree we want to leave room for creative freedom for each team. I should have been more clear - The organization overall is new to O365; currently there is no organizational "O365 strategy" that's an entirely different ...

• Hi Julie, I will take a shot at this. I don't think there really is a "best practice" for this kind of quasi-governance issue. I'm also not convinced there should be. When you try to get too far into the weeds of how individual teams (formal ...

Digital Landfill Blog

• In this episode of AIIM On Air , I speak with Sue Trombley, Managing Director of Thought Leadership for Iron Mountain. We discuss the biggest impacts on the workplace from Covid-19 and the challenges and opportunities of the new normal of business today.
  • Before we start, let’s take a minute to address the big elephant in the room. You’re probably thinking, “Where are you going with this sales angle, Sean? I work with records and information, and my job is all about managing, protecting, and storing it. I don’t sell a thing!” Well, what we’re going to cover today will show you that you ARE, in fact, in the business of selling when it comes to Information...
  • In this episode of AIIM On Air I am joined by Greg Council, VP Marketing and Product Management at Parascript . Greg is a member of the AIIM leadership council and an expert in digital transformation using tools like advanced data extraction, taxonomy, and search.

Latest Shared Files

Most Active Members