AIIM Open Forum

Latest Discussion Posts

• The discussion in chat was fast and furious! So happy to get such good engagement. Thanks to all who participated! ------------------------------ Lewis S Eisen, JD CIP CVP Perfect Policies ------------------------------

• Hello, We missed a lot of you that registered for the webinar today with @Jeff Ball and @Lewis Eisen in a recap of - IT is from Mars. RM is from Venus: can this marriage be saved? Still a great turnout and really good. Thank you all who were able ...

• Thanks for the clarification Erica. I've even heard differences before from IT. Might be one of those myths that will not die. Copying this one to keep in my hip pocket. ------------------------------ Thanks, Randy Moeller IGP, CIP ---------------- ...

• Hey all, I want to clarify some information about how long messages are recoverable after they are deleted from the deleted items folder. To configure a policy to purge the deleted items folder you would use Exchange MRM policies. Here is the official ...

• A reminder, tomorrow we have our member-only webinar with @Lewis Eisen and @Jeff Ball .  They'll recap their conference presentation on: IT is from Mars. RM is from Venus: can this marriage be saved? and answer any questions live on the webinar.  ...

Digital Landfill Blog

• I’ll save you from having to read another contrived word about how difficult the last year was. And it was, without a doubt, difficult. Instead, I want to focus on one of my favorite positives to come out of the pandemic – the “Covid Hobby” phenomenon.
  • What is Information Governance, and Why is it Important? There are many benefits to constructing an Information Governance program plan. Generally, regulatory compliance or litigation activities are at the top of the list and often spur the creation of the IG program itself, but that's just the start of the list of IG benefits
  • What happens when information comes to the end of its lifecycle and no longer remains relevant, useful, or valuable? Or, what about when a record’s retention schedule comes to an end? If we keep everything forever, we’ll quickly run into issues like storage costs and other negatives like findability and increased risks. There’s a better way - read on as we explore the importance of Disposition.

Announcements

• Board of Directors Nominations

Call for Nominations for the AIIM Board of Directors

We are currently accepting nominations for candidates to serve on the AIIM Board of

Directors for a three-year term beginning January 1, 2022. The first Board meeting for

selected candidates will be in a non-voting “guest” capacity on December 9 (virtual and optional for incoming directors).

Candidate qualifications include:

1. knowledge of key industry trends
    2. experience in strategic planning, implementation and budgeting
    3. demonstrated commitment to AIIM and the industry
    4. willingness to attend four Board meetings per year (most will likely be virtual) with one allowed absence
    5. AIIM Professional Member in good standing

Nominations may be submitted by the nominee or his/her supporter. The nomination package includes the following items:

1. nominee’s current resume
    2. brief statement from the nominee regarding the role and value he/she believes AIIM should play/provide over the next 2-3 years
    3. one-page statement regarding the nominee’s contribution to that process as a member of the Board of Directors
    4. two letters of support from individuals that can attest to the strategic acumen and professional integrity of the nominee

Completed nominations and letters of support can be sent to Boshia Smith, Community/Membership Administrator; questions may also be directed to her at bsmith@aiim.org. Deadline for nominations is Monday, September 27, 2021.

Latest Shared Files

Most Active Members