AIIM Open Forum

#AIIMTribe

Upcoming Events

Latest Discussion Posts

• Thanks for the tip Lorne. I'm not really familiar with APQC but I will make sure to do some reading. ------Original Message------ Hi Pieter, This seems like an excellent question to pose in the APQC realm, given their greater focus ...

• Hi Pieter, This seems like an excellent question to pose in the APQC realm, given their greater focus on KM vs. AIIM's focus more on IM/ECM. Just how I see it. ------Original Message------ ...

• Hi, We are a non commercial research center. There are a lot of projects both in fundamental and applied scientific research, there is an ‘Academy’ with educational services and there are services offered to customers to help funding all the rest in ...

• I agree with Lorne and Susan.  The Info Governance folks needs policy compliance, auditing and enforcement authority and don't just oversee IT, but business processes and info worker activities.  Lorne is also spot on about the tension. It is necessary ...

• Another scenario is to use SP/O365 for collaboration only, connected to a RM instance of e.g. OpenText. Have end-user do their stuff in the tool they prefer. Satisfy corporate needs in an EIM backend. You can set it up so that end-users think they work ...

Digital Landfill Blog

• Wouldn’t it be nice to hear first-hand, from one of your peers, about the Intelligent Information Management technologies and tools that they have applied in the real world to accomplish a specific digital transformation goal?
  • Capture? Haven’t we been doing this for years and years? Well…yes and no. Yes, organizations have been scanning paper into digital archives for a long time. And for 72% of organizations, scanning paper is still the most important part of their information capture strategy. The continued importance of simply getting rid of the paper is not just a function of laggard organizations; the struggle...
  • I've been thinking a lot lately about the role of solution providers in the information management industry, specifically as applied to education and professional development. In this post I am focusing on the members of solution providers’ staff that are marketing to customers, selling to customers, acting as the voice of the customer, and implementing and supporting customers...

Announcements

• Call for Nominations to the AIIM Board of Directors

The 150,000-subscriber community of AIIM seeks motivated and talented individuals to serve on the Board of Directors for a three-year term beginning on January 1, 2020. If you -- or people you know -- are committed to the Intelligent Information Management practice and wish to contribute strategic guidance to its advancement through the work of the Association, please answer the call for nominations. Details on the qualities and characteristics we seek along with instructions for submission are provided at this link.

Latest Shared Files

Community Blogs

Most Active Members