AIIM Open Forum

Upcoming Events

Latest Discussion Posts

• Paul, I would say you are absolutely correct (IMO, of course). I've stated many times on this board that I believe wholeheartedly that the key to success in ECM, and to a bit lesser degree RM, is around the Change Management (which includes ...

• Alan -  For me that's a records management program.  I see the implementation of a schedule as the implementation with the best we know now.  Another project will come in the future with the intent of migrating records from the existing system to a new ...

• Melanie, If you really " left without any additional controls" ... i.e. no explanation, motivation, training, support, monitoring etc, the answer is "straight away". People will simply continue doing what they always were doing; even if they ...

• Thanks Lorne.  I was really trying to find out the level of success that anyone might have had with RFID, particularly when applied to tracking individual records, and whether it was found to be cost-effective.  Also wanted to know what might have been ...

• Dear Information Governance Colleagues : I am a doctoral student in the Department of Education at the University of Findlay (OH). I am conducting a research study ...

Digital Landfill Blog

• Quick disclaimer - if you stumbled onto this page because of an errant keystroke like I had when looking for a suitable image for this post and were actually looking for "The Best PodCATS"...without further ado, I bring you the best "podcat" I could find: But, if what you're really interested in learning about are the best podcasts on the topic of information management; then, you're in the right place. ...
  • This week I taught the AIIM Modern Records Management Master Class in Washington, DC. As with previous classes , there was a question that generated significant discussion among the students. In this instance, the question was about a system implementation that was not successful: “When you...
  • While social media, the cloud, and advanced enterprise content management systems get the most attention, the fact is that plain old email remains to be a foundational tool in the way business gets done. And email shows no signs of going away any time soon. In fact, the total number of active email users jumped to 3.9 billion in 2019. American workers will receive an average of 126 emails a day. Like it or...

Latest Shared Files

Community Blogs

Most Active Members