AIIM Open Forum

Latest Discussion Posts

• Thank you Robert for your advice. You are absolutely right that it doesn't make sense to copy 1:1 and it might be better to leave the files alone. I dived into the volume a little deeper last Monday and assessed that out of the 800.000 files, 300.000 ...

• To all my Chapter peeps, (and CIP's of course!) I'm looking forward to seeing familiar faces at the AIIM Conference in Dallas!! We've often picked a place to gather for anyone coming in the night before the conference (Monday evening, the 2nd). I don't ...

• Daan - With regard to adding metadata / enriching the documents you're moving, my question would be what the documents are used for.  If they're just archived records with no business purpose, I'd be inclined to leave them alone. For the CDs, we've ...

• @Laura Downey , I will request ​a meeting using the AIIM app. Let's grab a coffee and catch up sometime during conference. Looking forward to it! ------------------------------ Aykut Avci ------------------------------

• Daan, Given that FileNet, even in pretty old versions, does make it pretty straightforward to export the content repo structures (and I think even the security/permissions model as well), I would definitely suggest starting with that as a "straw ...

1 person recommends this.

Digital Landfill Blog

• In today's digital era of information technology, a company needs to consider several factors to decide how to manage their data and documents online. A large share of companies have now adopted cloud-based infrastructure, but many still rely on the tried-and-true legacy of on-premises document management software programs. If you, too, are in a dilemma as to which solution is right for your business, stick around...
  • I recently watched a webinar by Jason Baron called "Vanishing Acts: The Challenge of Dealing with Ephemeral and Self-Destructing Messaging Apps in the Workplace." Jason's a really smart guy and has written about ephemeral messaging in business before. While I agree with him generally, I think information...
  • Reaching your Digital Transformation goals often requires the addition of new software solutions. But, shopping around for software can be a challenge.

Upcoming Events

Latest Shared Files

Most Active Members