This is just to have this CSS handy. It basically hides the check boxes and the Title fields on list views on your page making it look clean and not hop around when the mouse hovers over it. SharePoint 2010 has a lot of new features, but a lot of pages are intended for viewing only and this is when you might want to drop this CSS on the page. It isn't overly complicated and you could figure it out yourself but wanted to save you some time. It works with the V4.master.
The steps i use are as follows.
1. Create a css file somewhere on SharePoint
2. Put in the following style
3. Add a content editor web part to the page you want to look "clean"
4. Edit the web part properties
5. Under the Appearance tab change the Chrome Type to None
6. Put in the link to the CSS file you created in step 2.
And if you want to hide the ribbon add