These are facts and they are little shocking:
· 45% of the content people need to do their jobs is pulled out of your systems of record and worked on independently – outside your security controls.
· 37% of U.S. IT workers are using technology they master first at home, then bring to work.
· 64% of GenY employees download unauthorized applications at least once a week to use for their work
Why is this happening? It’s not complicated. People are simply trying to get their jobs done. With a minimum of hassle. Our business platforms and processes just haven’t kept up with consumer technology and employee expectations on many different levels – and it’s coming back to bite us. We have way too many places where we store content ---document management systems, ERP systems, local drives, shared drives, consumer-grade cloud repositories, mobile devices . . . the list goes on. And, as the company scales, it just gets more difficult to find the content we need, to share it, and to work with it. Most of our technology infrastructure is decades old, clunky, and hard to use.
At the same time, the concept of complete user freedom and BYOD—any device, anytime, anywhere—is liberating yet also scary. Content is our crown jewels—our only option is to do everything we can to protect it and make sure it is used in authorized ways. Is it even possible to balance user productivity with enterprise control?
It is. And it’s easier and safer than you think. It’s no longer an either/or proposition. Today, an enterprise-class content cloud solution enables you to do both, “enterprise class” being the operative word here. The technology exists to give users the freedom to centrally store, share, and work with content in the cloud—automatically synchronizing the work they do across the applications and devices they use to do it—without sacrificing the firm’s need to mitigate risk. Simple background processes can monitor who can see what, when, or never! (And who can sync what, when, or never.) There are a number of very sophisticated ways to manage mobile devices, including automatically revoking mobile access and wiping content from devices remotely.
Other security guards required—and available—for an enterprise-class solution include:
· Application security: permissions by document, folder, group, or role | check in and check out | version control | document and audit history
· Synchronization: take your content with you | synchronize across all devices | automated, guided conflict resolution
· Mobile security: device management | encryption | pins
It’s a marriage made in heaven: your very own cloud for all your business content, accessed equally well by mobile apps, third-party apps, web portals, and browsers—on an infrastructure built to the highest security stands, one worthy of demanding military and financial institutions.
We can have it both ways!#InformationinMotion #Collaboration #BYOD #InformationGovernance #mobile #Security #ContentCloudServices #sync #Synchronization