Join us on September 22 from 11-Noon EST for a tweet jam focused on how we can create a paperless office; including some discussion on whether or not mobile devices are a huge step in that direction.
If you "went" to the last one, you know how this works, here are the questions. Everyone else, skip down to after the questions for a rundown.
Draft questions for discussion:
1. Is paperless even possible? Or is it just less paper that we’re getting at?
2. What are the low hanging fruit use cases for eliminating paper in the beginning? Sign up sheets on a tablet in the doc office? Forms that can be downloaded and filled in on a smart phone?
3. Why does paper still have such a hold. Are there legitimate reasons besides initial cost and comfort with paper?
4. Born digital. Imaging/capture. Mobile devices. What are the technologies that will get us (close) to paperless?
5. How does new media or social media content authoring impact and drive reductions in paper use?
Confirmed Panelists (Conversation facilitators)
What’s a Tweet Jam#ipads #mobile #smartphones #businessprocesses #paperfree #documentimaging #Capture
Musicians jam together by riffing off of a common theme; playing off of each other to create something unique and learning from each other as they do. With Twitter, we can do the same, 140 characters at a time. A tweet jam is a fast-paced conversation around a topic. It is simply a time and a place to gather on Twitter around a hashtag topic and learn from each other. Anyone can ask, or answer, a question.
What’s the AIIM ECM Jam (#ECMjam)?
Simple really: ECM is, to understate it, somewhat complex. We want to get together regularly (we’ll do this every other week), kick around ideas/strategy/tips/suggestions/tools/trends, and emerge a little bit more knowledgeable at the other end of the hour. While we know it’s only 140 characters at a time, we want to generate questions and discussions about how to REALLY make the ECM work.
Have a question or topic you'd like to talk about either sept. 1 or at a future date? Respond to this post, send me a tweet (@bduhon), or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Can’t think of any? Join us on Sept. 22 and let the conversation spark ideas for you.
How Do I “Watch?”
It’s easy. Log in to Twitter (or your favorite Twitter front end; I like Hootsuite). Then use the hashtag #ECMjam to follow the discussion. The best way I’ve found to follow one of these is tweetchat.com. Sign in using your twitter handle, type #ECMjam into the box at the top of the screen, and tweetchat will follow the discussion – best of all, without you having to remember to put in the hashtag every time you write a new tweet.
Save the date. Sept 22. Thursday. 11 EST
Follow the hashtag: #ECMjam. See you then.