Blogs

1 person recommends this.
Mama Said (There’d Be Days Like This) – Single by The Shirelles, 1961 Clients often tell me that they go to countless meetings and conferences on the subject of information governance* and come home thinking: “that sounds straightforward enough.” But then they try some of what they learned and get nowhere fast. “Man, this is HARD!” they think. “What’s wrong with us?” The short answer to this question is: nothing at all! The success stories you hear at the events you attend were not written overnight: indeed, most took 12-18 months to reach their current state. All you see is the result, not the angst that went into it. Truth is, good ...
0 comments
1 person recommends this.
“No one puts Baby in the corner.” Dirty Dancing , 1987 Am I the only one who is bothered by organizations’ tendency to dismiss records manages as nothing more than glorified librarians? (Never mind; I know I’m not.) The truth is, the precepts and disciplines they adhere to extend far beyond simple classification, and in fact are linchpins of successful information governance as well. If you’re a records manager seeking to break out of the corner you’re so often put into, then here are a few pieces of painfully-gained wisdom that you might use to your great advantage: Establishing records management as an integral part of a governance program ...
0 comments
Be the first person to recommend this.
On May 19 th , the Chapter gathered around the large table at the Burlington Marriott that has been our home for the past few months. The topic of the day – Buying and Selling ECM. Buyers and sellers, as well as those on the sidelines a.k.a. innocent bystanders, were sharing insights, experience and their frustration with the process. After a round of introductions, Dan Antion began describing the purchasing landscape from the point of view of a small company. Dan enjoys the relative freedom of working in a small department and having the budget and authority to make decisions but is also frustrated by the pace at which new software and services are entering ...
0 comments