Special Interest Group: Government

View Only

Happy New Year! Want to join the FEDSIG Planning Team?

• 1.  Happy New Year! Want to join the FEDSIG Planning Team?

Posted 01-10-2017 06:56

Happy 2017 Everybody!

For federal types in the information <g class="gr_ gr_41 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="41" data-gr-id="41">space</g> it's going to be an interesting year.  The members of the FEDSIG Planning Team would like to thank everyone who helped make 2016 a great first year for our online group.  As we look ahead to 2017, we'd like to expand our membership and also grow and diversify our Planning Team.

If you would be interested in assisting with a couple of online events, reply to this post, or email me directly.  The current Planning Team will be meeting soon to begin putting together an online event for February/March (most likely March).  A couple of us have changed jobs, and that, along with the holiday season, put a damper on our planning a January event as originally hoped.

Take another look at our draft policies and goals and consider helping this fledgling special interest group take it to the next level this year.

Across the federal government, whether in DC or elsewhere, our community is evolving and we all need to forge new relationships to achieve success in our information management, business processing, analytics, search, and collaboration initiatives.  The FEDSIG is a good place to start building that network!  Join us and bring a friend or colleague.

While I'm at it, I'll throw in a pitch for my local AIIM chapter.  We have an event on January 12th, but our new president and his team have put together an exciting program year.  Chapter meetings are a great place to meet folks in person.  If you're involved in AIIM, ARMA, AFCEA, ACT-IAC, or any of the other organizations in the DC area (or throughout the country), it would be great to hear about what you're up to.

Looking forward to meeting many of you online and in person in 2017!

All the best,
    Mark

------------------------------
    Mark Patrick
    Chief, Information Management Division
    Joint Staff Secretariat
    US Department Of Defense
    ------------------------------