Blogs

Be the first person to recommend this.
Hi all, As a reminder, CIPs are required to renew their status every three years. Last year I wrote a fairly long blog post about how you can maintain your CIP. All of the information in that post remains relevant, but I wanted to clarify because of some questions I've gotten of late. 1. If you got your CIP before we launched CIP v3 on June 1, 2019, and have maintained it since then, your current renewal cycle only requires 45 CEUs. When we send the reminder emails, it notes that you need 60; that's because that's correct for all CIPs who started with CIP v3, either the live exam or the beta. We do track whether you need to submit 45 or 60, and I'm happy ...
3 comments
1 person recommends this.
You did it - you passed the CIP exam. Congratulations! So how can you make the most of your newly acquired credential - and how can we help to make it more valuable to you? Here are a few things you can do - and some things we're working on as well that maybe you can help with. Recertify. The first thing you can do as a CIP to help ensure its growth and success is to stay a CIP by recertifying. After all, in the end it's the number and visibility of current CIPs that will make the CIP certification more valuable. We are very flexible in what we accept for CEUs - generally the only requirement is that the event or resource is related to CIP or information ...
0 comments
Be the first person to recommend this.
In case you missed it, we offer digital badges for the CIP program through Accredible . If you've been a CIP for a while, we sent instructions out on August 1, 2018. Since then, every new CIP gets set up on Accredible within a week or so of passing the exam. Either way, you will receive an email with instructions on how to accept the digital badge, how to share via social or email, how to add to your LinkedIn profile, etc. You can also download and/or print the certificate, which includes the official date you originally passed the CIP exam. You can see my Accredible badge and certificate here: https://www.credential.net/06wb2kdv These digital badges ...
0 comments
1 person recommends this.
One of the differences between formal certifications and other sorts of training/designations is the requirement to maintain them. Every certification has some sort of reexamination or continuing education requirement. This is to ensure that, as best practices, processes, and technologies change, certified professionals keep up with those changes.The CIP is no exception; CIPs are required to recertify every three years. There are two ways to do this. First, CIPs can retake the CIP exam. CIPs should remember, though, that they will have to take the then-current exam at the then-current price. Second, and more common, is to complete the continuing education ...
1 comment