• Member Newsletters
  • Gary Logan
  • Share Resources

Member Spotlight

Digital Landfill Blog

Most Active Members

Latest Discussions

• Posted in: AIIM Open Forum

To my mind, this discussion on "file" vs "document" vs "record" etc... does not have a right and a wrong ...

Hello  Pauli, Good point, but I would say this speaks more to the software than naming convention.  Tools ...

Lorne - yes I know, and in fact that is my general advice to users as well (avoid dashes, use spaces ...

Paul, Agree with everything you said (heartily!), except the very last point about the dates. ...

I personally see having a restriction around using spaces in a file name as an artificial restriction ...

Rhonda, Bud, it is not good practice to add dates or version numbers to filenames, except in very specific ...

Excellent thought. Thank you Rhonda Hazlett Olin Corporation Document ...

Rhonda, thanks and an important point if you want files to sort in chron order. And if you do manual ...

Pauli, thanks for the mini-tutorial. I don't think most people would even think about how these three ...

Carl, thanks. Migration of files, especially ones with non-standards names is problematic. Bud ------------------------------ ...

Announcements

Upcoming Events