Special Interest Group: Government

Government SIG

Latest Discussion Posts

• Although AIIM is no longer an SDO, its members remain stakeholders in the activities of government agencies and particularly those related to information management.  Thus, I am sharing the following message for whatever members of the AIIM community ...

• Signed into law by President Trump on January 14, the new OPEN Government Data Act (OGDA) makes openness, machine-readability, and schema-compliance the default for government information, including records subject to release under FOIA. It also ...

Digital Landfill Blog

• Since the creation of AIIM’s Certified Information Professional (CIP) program, we’ve certified over 1,500 information professionals. Throughout the years working with students to help them prepare for the CIP, I often get asked about other good certifications for records managers. But, when there are literally thousands of certifications in the marketplace, and dozens...
  • According to the 2019 IDC study of spending on Artificial Intelligence (AI), it's estimated to reach $35.8 billion in 2019 and is expected to double by 2022 to $ 79.2 billion representing an annual growth rate of 38% for the period 2018-2022. The economic benefits and utility of AI technologies are clear and compelling...
  • I returned to downtown Washington, DC, last week to teach the AIIM Foundations of Intelligent Information Management (FIIM) course . The class started with some icebreaker exercises, including asking the students to define, in their own words, “What is information management? ...

Latest Shared Files

No Data Found

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.

Community Blogs

No Data Found

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.

Most Active Members