Special Interest Group: Government

Government SIG

Latest Discussion Posts

• Although AIIM is no longer an SDO, its members remain stakeholders in the activities of government agencies and particularly those related to information management.  Thus, I am sharing the following message for whatever members of the AIIM community ...

• Signed into law by President Trump on January 14, the new OPEN Government Data Act (OGDA) makes openness, machine-readability, and schema-compliance the default for government information, including records subject to release under FOIA. It also ...

• ​I read an article on our internal board last week about the idea of "Application Rationalization" when moving into the cloud. The point of the article was to dissuade people from doing a "plunk of junk" from one hosting environment to another.  For quite ...

Digital Landfill Blog

• Companies are always looking for ways to make their workplace more productive and efficient and to reduce costs. Document management has an important part to play here. A survey conducted in 2012 showed that 21.3% of losses in employee productivity are due to paper-based documentation...
  • Good news - we’ve updated Certified Information Professional (CIP) exam! For the last six months, a group of very experienced subject matter experts has been revising the CIP exam, program, and training. With any change comes questions, so I thought I would take some time to answer some of the ones I’m sure you’re asking.
  • Did you know that AIIM is governed by a Board of Directors (BOD) ? Our BOD is the governing body of our Association. We rely on this group of individuals to help us establish strategic direction and set policies. Members of the Board represent a cross-section of our community...

Latest Shared Files

No Data Found

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.

Community Blogs

No Data Found

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.

Most Active Members