Special Interest Group: Women in Information Management (WIIM)

View Only

Work from home post pandemic option? Risky career move or exciting opportunity?

• 1.  Work from home post pandemic option? Risky career move or exciting opportunity?

Posted 11-24-2020 08:59
    Whether working from home within the state the company is located or in another state, women wonder if taking this option will hinder their career.

Now that vaccines for Covid-19 exist, what does that mean for post pandemic choices?  Now that it has been proven that working from home does not decrease production, many companies are including this option as a new business model.  Employees are now asking if this means they can now work from any state too.  This option promotes a mobile workforce and employee retention.  Reasons people are asking about this work from any state is to have the opportunity to make location based choices concerning pollution, state health care laws, lower cost of living, schools for children, weather, and proximity to friends and family.  Understanding this could be a real choice for me, I thought, wow, what state would I like to live in?  But then I wondered if this was wise to take the opportunity.

What do you think?

------------------------------
    Lorelei Chernyshov, CIP, IGP
    Merrick Bank
    Assistant Vice President, Information Governance
    ------------------------------