Special Interest Group: Women in Information Management (WIIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Change Management - What Works??

Posted 10-05-2020 10:57
    Hi all,
      I am writing to ask you today what has worked for your organizations to accelerate change management in regard to compliance based programs?  I would love to know how you were able to get teams engaged and willing to do the work and the big one... how did you get compliance bodies to play nice?  Executive sponsorship, regulatory requirements, etc. are typically driving factors but what innovative creative things did you use to get the ball rolling or the baby toddling?  
    More and more data and information is seen as an asset and as a result, there are more players wanting to act on it from IG, DG, InfoSec, TPRM, and many many other stakeholders.  I have had success having a council of each listed above and then working on a communal and interdependent roadmaps where things like policy and standards had to be approved by each of the involved parties.  With that said, there is still a struggle in many organizations where RACIs don't exist and responsibility is not as clear cut.  Movement is a wonderful thing but how do we move forward together?

------------------------------
    Cheers,
    Amy Harrelson

• 2.  RE: Change Management - What Works??

Posted 10-14-2020 19:16
    Good question, Amy.  Generally speaking, simple graphics to show a vision incorporation programs.  Then forming agile teams with a representative from each area such as security, information governance, infrastructure and the business unit involved.  The team is given objectives and specific tasks.  This effort brings perspective from their respective areas and they can see the vision rather than just tasks.  Between them they have joint responsibility and sometimes the creativity really comes forth.

Lorelei Chernyshov, CIP, IGP
    Merrick Bank
    Assistant Vice President, Information Governance