AIIM True North

View Only
  • 1.  AIIM Canada Virtual Mindshare on May 8, 2020

Posted 05-07-2020 22:33
    We look forward to virtually hosting Canadian AIIMers on Friday, May 8, 2020 between 4 & 5 PM ET. Our topic is "Emerging from Isolation: An Abundance of Data Story..." Bring a drink, share your perspectives and have fun meeting peers and like-mind community of professionals! For more information and to join the Zoom meeting, please click here: https://lnkd.in/e2Hz4FT
    #aiim #aiimintl @AIIMIntl @AIIM-CIP​​​​

------------------------------
    Amitabh Srivastav, CIP, IGP, PMP
    Board Member

• 2.  RE: AIIM Canada Virtual Mindshare on May 8, 2020

Posted 05-08-2020 17:26
    Hi!  I so much wanted to be a part of this, however, I was pulled away from this just as I was about to join.  Can I get a copy of the meeting?  Was it recorded?

Connie Prendergast
    Records Management Clerk
    Flagstaff County
    Sedgewick, AB CANADA

• 3.  RE: AIIM Canada Virtual Mindshare on May 8, 2020

Posted 05-10-2020 00:44
    Hi Connie,

Thank you for your interest in attending the AIIM First Canadian Chapter's event.  Sorry, the event was not recorded this time, but we can look at recording events in the future.

Amitabh Srivastav, CIP, IGP, PMP
    Board Member

• 4.  RE: AIIM Canada Virtual Mindshare on May 8, 2020

Posted 05-11-2020 08:07
    Actually, my request would be that we be very selective about what we record. 

I appreciate Connie's frustration at having to miss the meeting, and I would have been disappointed, too. But there's a difference between a seminar/program and a conversational meeting.

Part of the casual nature of the conversation is due to the fact that the Zoom call is considered a "safe space." Knowing that the meeting is recorded and may be replayed at any time can have the effect of putting a chill on the conversation. Were this a live in-person program, only the speaker's presentation would be recorded. If we could capture that portion, that would help people like Connie who were unable to make it. But IMHO everything outside the formal part of the meeting has to be off-limits if we want to foster candour and open dialogue.  (translation for my American friends: "to foster candor and open dialog")

Lewis S Eisen, J.D., C.I.P.
    Perfect Policies