Join your fellow Information Professionals for a night of networking, sharing, and learning. We'll start off with food and drinks at 5pm with our program starting at 6. After the program, we'll have a chance to talk with our speaker and each other as we head back out to tame the world's information.
“The convergence of Cyber Security, Information Governance and Records Management”
ABOUT THE PRESENTATION:
This presentation will provide insights on how Information Governance and Records Management complement each other, and how they both serve as very important components of an enterprise Cybersecurity strategy. Key Points covered by this program include:
• The importance of a strategy for Email and network shares for supporting the mission and protection of data
• Best practices for managing electronic files during their active use
• Best practices for enterprise taxonomy to support the mission
• Best practices for records management transparency and automated disposition
• Defining the role of information governance and records management in an enterprise cyber security strategy
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Mark Mandel, CRM, CIP, ERMm, BPMm
Solution Architect, OpenText Public Sector Solutions
Mr. Mandel has 40 years of experience in the IT industry. Prior to joining OpenText 6 1/2 years ago, he was the Chief Records Officer and Archivist for the District of Columbia. At OpenText, he serves as the product manager for the OpenText FOIA solution, as the domain expert in Records Management, and as a Solution Architect for new opportunities.
Mr. Mandel is a past president of NCC-AIIM and ARMA NOVA, and served on the AIIM International Board of Directors for two years. He is a frequent speaker at industry events on topics such as ECM strategic planning, the Managing Government Records Directive, and best practices in deploying ECM and Records Management solutions.
Mr. Mandel is a Certified Records Manager, an AIIM Certified Information Professional, an AIIM Electronic Records Management Master, and an AIIM Business Process Management Master.