AIIM Open Forum

Latest Discussion Posts

• In our automated classification projects we define document classification into critical and non-critical documents. We assign higher targets for critical than non-critical. For metadata, I would think you extend this to include higher targets for metadata ...

• Dear Standards Volunteers, As you may know, a year ago the AIIM Board of Directors began a strategic discussion about AIIM's continuing role in industry standards. Given the significant changes in the AIIM membership demographic and the rapidly evolving ...

• I'm working on a proof of concept to introduce an automated metadata classification tool to our instance of SharePoint Online. I've been asked to provide a set of success criteria. I can measure, albeit with a staged exercise, the time saved by the tool ...

• Hi linda;    ARP 1 has been available for download for years, so i don't see any reason you can't download it.   ARP 1 has been freely available since it was first published, so i would encourage you to download it and put on your site until we get the ...

• Hello Robert, I was very surprised at this announcement. Just a quick question on the AIIM ARP-1-2009, Analysis, Selection, and Implementation of Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS) and your suggestion for agencies who reference the APR ...

Announcements

• AIIM Training Public Classes - check them out today

Looking for some AIIM Training but like the personal touch of being in a classroom setting? Check out our list of upcoming public classes - around the world.

From John Mancini and the AIIM Blog

• The term “Logistics” conjures up images of complicated supply chains, and the Rube Goldberg-esque complexities of summarizing, rationalizing, and reporting on them in an intelligent way.
  • First, the good news. According to P&S Market Research, the global digital signature market is expected to increase to $3.3 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 31.5%. That’s billion with a B. The bad news is that despite the long-standing and well-documented benefits of digital signatures, many organizations are still lagging behind. According to recent AIIM research, 65% of organizations...
  • [Note: This is a guest post by Andrew Wells and Kathy Chiang. Andrew Roman Wells is the CEO of Aspirent, a management-consulting firm focused on analytics. Kathy Williams Chiang is VP, Business Insights, at Wunderman Data Management. They are the co-authors of Monetizing Your Data: A Guide to Turning Data into Profit-Driving Strategies and Solutions. For more information, please visit www...

Community Blogs

• Our present world, lives and thrives off information. The creation of records and information represents an integral part of organizational activities, processes and systems. Today, the ongoing phenomenal growth of information in a variety of formats ...

1 person recommends this.
  • This month's post is written by my MWD Advisors colleague, Craig Wentworth . The Watson brand has exerted a heavy gravitational pull on IBMs promotion across a wide range of its products and services for some time now. At this weeks World of Watson ...

1 person recommends this.
  • The concept of a paperless office originated as early as 1975 when Businessweek reported that the office was the last corporate holdout to automation. Businessweek cited a researcher from Arthur D. Little, Inc. who optimistically predicted that by ...

• I know, the title itself is going to make RMs, IGPs and CIPs scream. What are you talking about? Are you out of your mind? Well, in a way, I am! But in all practical sense the question does deserve some merit. In this day and age, the business case for ...

• Two key changes from last year really made me happy: Boxs enterprise customers (at least the ones on the panel during the analyst event) are calling Box content management (advanced content management, even); Box is unequivocally stating ...