AIIM Open Forum

1.  Thank YOU for a great #aiim17 - What did you learn?

Posted 03-20-2017 16:34
We just wanted to say thank you so much for coming out to AIIM17.  I thought this would be a great place to share the most valuable thing you learned at the Conference. That way others can learn from your insights.

Also, here's a picture of the AIIM crew at the end of the week - krazy kids! 20+ of the best people I know.
AIIM17-Staff-1

------------------------------
Theresa Resek
Director, Webinars & Podcasts
AIIM

2.  RE: Thank YOU for a great #aiim17 - What did you learn?

Posted 03-21-2017 08:49
The following slide was posted by John Mancini prior to the conference to build interest/engagement and give a sneak peak of where the conference might be taking us. I am a big advocate for taking the next step of 'rationalizing' the new 'data and analytics' vendors into our industry. In my view, the insight these tools provide highlights the importance of organizing enterprise content and making it accessible to any and all services. They need us, we need them. If AIIM is the 'nexus between technology and business processes', then both 'analytics' and 'ECM' are part of the same tribe. 

This slide is the first significant sign I've seen suggesting such a turn and therefore, the most important and exciting thing I learned related to the conference. 
industry progression / customer expectations
The second most important thing I learned is that we will be in San Antonio for next years conference April 11th, 12th and 13th!

Great seeing all of you!

Tom Motzel  - 612-234-7108

Tom Motzel
President
Tesserae Talent Strategies

3.  RE: Thank YOU for a great #aiim17 - What did you learn?

Posted 03-22-2017 07:40
Great to see you at the conference Tom, and congratulations on being inducted into the Company of Fellows in Orlando. Welcome to the Company, your body of work in our industry, especially with our chapters, have earned you this well deserved recognition by your peers.

It was an interesting conference this year, with 46% of the attendees participating in their first AIIM Conference. For those of us who built our entire career around NMA/AIIM and our industry, this presents some great challenges and opportunities.  

John's slide is a significant snapshot of where we have been, and a roadmap for where we are going. I think it provides an opportunity for the AIIM community to stay relevant if we continue to provide the education, tools, standards and solutions that companies and organizations need to navigate the challenges they face managing their information and learning how to analyze and act on it to improve their business processes going forward.

And speaking of going forward, it is time to start planning the trip to San Antonio.  Always great to see old friends, make new friends, and see the hard working staff at AIIM that provide the great networking and learning opportunity for all of us.

Bob Zagami
Principal Consultant
IMAGAZ by ZAGAMI

'