Special Interest Group: Women in Information Management (WIIM)

WIIM Banner
last person joined: 7 days ago 

WIIM’s purpose is to advance women in information management by providing leadership, mentoring, advocacy, networking, industry education, and professional development.

Latest Discussion Posts

• AIIM's next Leadership Council summit is coming up in Baltimore, June 26-27th. We're currently looking for representation from the WIIM community to engage in these Future of Information Management discussions. In this summit, we're particularly interested ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Resources

Greetings WIIM community! I'm so grateful to be working here among this engaged and lively group. Sharing the Good Life Project podcast and project journal with you.  A personal challenge of my own is staying power and consistency after I have discovered ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Resources

Julie,   Thanks so much for sharing Christine Arylo.  I love her already and I just started listening to the podcasts!! ♥ ------------------------------ Amy Harrelson Austin Energy ------------------------------

• In the DoD space, I see RIM related or affecting "automation" coming from a few places and would like to explore what that means to better managing the information flowing through the digital pipes.  1) Homegrown - buried in some generic support contract ...

• Profile Picture

Let's Act!

Love seeing the follow up from AIIM18--thanks to all of you for sharing your stories and giving others the space to share theirs.  Some of my own takeaways from our sessions at AIIM18 were: EVERYONE in this community has a voice, a story, a need, ...

Latest Shared Files

• At Konica Minolta, we have an internal group called Step Forward for Women's Development; this includes ...

• Leadership Planning Call - Discussion focused on the development of WIIM Community Pillars

• @Connie Moore Thanks for the reommendation.  Author and Former MGM Director of Creative Affairs, Stephanie ...

Industry Blog

• Blockchain is the hot topic of the IT industry – the explosive and rapid growth of BitCoin has taken the obscure technology of distributed ledgers into mainstream consciousness. But the question we want to ask is “Does Blockchain have a role to play in Information Management?...
  • In a recent AIIM Industry Watch survey -- State of Intelligent Information Management: Getting Ahead of the Digital Transformation Curve -- I asked this question -- “Agree or Disagree: Digitizing and standardizing business inputs is one of the key bottlenecks for Digital...