Blogs

How I became the SharePoint Ninja

By Michael Doyle posted 08-30-2010 09:52

I am not exactly sure when I became the SharePoint Ninja, but once it took hold it stuck. Now more people in the SharePoint community know who the SharePoint Ninja is than who Michael Doyle is. That is fine with me. I have always considered SharePoint a dark art that requires special skills. My favorite problems to fix are ones that I can handle before anyone notices. I get in and out before anyone notices.

My SharePoint journey began when I was working as a contractor for the navy. I got to travel the world installing SharePoint in various bases but I never really got connected to the larger SharePoint community until I left that job and started working for Intel. At that point I got to see a wide variety of SharePoint sites and got to interact and started writing up all the tips and tricks I found on my web site.

These days you can find me speaking at a variety of conferences, on Microsoft’s forums, and blogging on my site www.sharepointninja.com. I enjoy helping people learn more about SharePoint and solve their business problems. Another benefit of speaking is I get to meet a lot of really great people who are both super smart and passionate about SharePoint. Now I have a network of people I can ping if I have a problem. Rather than beat my head against the wall for hours trying to figure something out I can almost always get an answer. I am looking forward to blogging for AIIM and getting even more involved in the SharePoint community.

When I am not doing SharePoint I try to get to Hawaii or find a place to do some whitewater kayaking. I love being outdoors and enjoying what nature has to offer. It provides a nice balance to all the SharePoint I do.

#SharePoint #community #microsoft #AIIM #sharepoint #ninja
0 comments